All about Destiny.

Fayetteville, West Virginia, United States
Junior at Fayetteville High.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review Game Questionaire.

'''GAME REVIEW #1: MOST EFFECTIVE Learning Game'''
* Name of the game that taught you the MOST about its learning topic: What would you do?

* What social issue or educational topic does the game explore? Making decisions and the consequences that follow.

* What can you learn from this game? How to make good decisions.

* What game genre is it? Do you think this genre is a good choice for creating a learning game? Why or why not? Adventure, yes I do because it deals with real life situations.

* Design Analysis (Does it look good? Does it clearly illustrate the issue or learning concept?)  Yes, I think it does illustrate clearly.

* Usability Analysis (Is it clear what you need to do as a player? Does it work well?) Yes, it works well and the directions are very clear.

* Suggestions for improvement. How would you change the gameplay to make the learning and play experience work together better? I would make the actual characters move around more and actually interact.

* List 2-3 things that you would like to learn how to do (in terms of functionality, design or content) I would like to learn how to create a game similar to What would you do?, and how to create an action game.

'''GAME REVIEW #2: LEAST EFFECTIVE Learning Game'''
* Name of the game that taught you the LEAST about its learning topic: Learn the Bones.

* What social issue or educational topic does the game explore? It covers the bones of different parts of your body.

* What can you learn from this game? This is not a good example of a good game so I would not make my game anything like this one.

* What game genre is it? Do you think this genre is a good choice for creating a learning game? Why or why not? Puzzle. No I do not because, I find the game is boring and teaches me nothing.

* Design Analysis (Does it look good? Does it clearly illustrate the issue or learning concept?) I think the layout and game altogether is very plain and could've been illustrated better.

* Usability Analysis (Is it clear what you need to do as a player? Does it work well?) It does work well and it is clear what you have to do.

* Suggestions for improvement. How would you change the gameplay to make the learning and play experience work together better? I would find ways to make the game more entertaining instead of just the same thing over and over.

* List 2-3 things that you would like to learn how to do (in terms of functionality, design or content) I would like to learn how to go back and correct my game, and how to leave comments on other peoples games.

No comments:

Post a Comment